A mission to help non-profits behave like tech startups
I started Yoomee in 2006 with a mission to help non-profits behave like tech startups, exploit new technologies and approaches for good, rather than for profit.
- Delivered over 70 digital innovation projects for non-profits such as Save the Children, Mind, Time to Change, Eden Project and Girlguiding.
- Voted by @GovStart as one of the top 100 companies disrupting the public sector.
- One of eight agencies in the Northern Tech 100 league table of fastest growing digital companies in 2017.
- Donated over £120K to charity through a profit-share scheme.
- Mind: Elefriends online peer support community; a lifeline for many struggling to cope with life
- vInspired: online volunteering service used to deliver over 1 million volunteering opportunities to young people
- Kirklees Council: Comoodle, a new model of service delivery with the emphasis on sharing what's already available within the community
- Breast Cancer Now: fundraising tool helping friends and family honour loved ones lost to cancer
- Save the Children: strategy exploring a radical move to put children and young people at the charity's heart
- Set Yoomee's vision and purpose based on a strong set of values
- Developed all internal processes, from Agile software development to co-design workshopping and research methodologies
- Recruited and developed a multi-disciplinary delivery team of 20 full-time staff
- Responsible for business development activities, such as pitching and lead generation
- Responsible for strategy and approach to all client projects
- Annual budget responsibility of £850K